Tuesday 17 January 2012

Let's try something new




Have you heard of She & Him?? No?? Well why not??

Although they're not exactly new on the music scene, they are my current obsession!

If you don't know who they are, She & Him are a duo from America made up of indie actress Zooey Deschanel (you may recognise her from the films '500 days of Summer' and 'Elf'), and singer/songwriter and guitarist, Matt Ward.
It's hard to describe their sound as there's nothing else really like it out there at the moment. If I had to put it in terms of genre, I'd say She & Him are an indie/pop/folk sound, but I don't think you can group them into one particular field.

Now normally I am the type of person who cannot stand all that cheery cheery, happy happy music, but in this case I am willing to make an exception.
She & Him produce the kind of songs that just lift your spirits. It could be a miserable, grey and cold day (so pretty much every day in England) but put a bit of She & Him on and instantly it's like the sun is shining and you could easily be lying in the middle of a field somewhere (no cows present), eyes closed, lost in your own little world (cheesy I know – so tell anyone I said that and I WILL deny it!) ... but because of this, trust me when I say, She & Him are the perfect soundtrack for your summer, whilst also being the perfect pick me up during those winter months.

Now I know you've listened to me drone on, but just do one thing today - listen to just one of the duo's tracks. I guarantee you this, if nothing else, it will make you smile ... either that or you will no longer trust my judgement and abandon this blog altogether ... personally, I am hoping for the first option.

So try them out and let me know your verdict :)

Kirsty xx



5 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot about Zooey Deschanel, a friend of mine always bangs on about her...mainly because he wants to bang her.

    Anyhoo im downloading their album now.

    Thank you Kirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, i'm glad ... you won't regret it, each of their albums are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel I should get some credit for this so I am going to say that "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?" is my favourite :). Also I think you should do a piece on The Bird and the Bee as they are pretty cool, listen to "My Love" it's ace. Have you figured out who anonymous is yet? ...... ooooh .......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why Mr Wilson, is that you?? Haha.
      Oh yeah, I like The Bird and The Bee, but i'll check out that song as i'm not sure i've heard that one x

      Delete
  4. Damn!!! My disguise has fallen!!

    ReplyDelete